Yes, I know we are in the middle of a hot, humid Summer….no better time to surprise you with a pop quiz on your knowledge relating to the lemon law and car buying. No matter what time of year, it’s important to be prepared when either buying a new or used car, or filing a lemon law claim. So, grab that #2 pencil and let’s see how much you know….
1) TRUE OR FALSE: If I buy a car and something goes wrong with it, I have three days to return the car. It’s the law.
2) TRUE OR FALSE: Once I have driven the car off the lot and signed a sales agreement, there is no way a dealer can change the price on me.
3) TRUE OR FALSE: If I purchase a car and later figure out that I can’t afford to make the payments, I can return the car and it won’t affect my credit as long as I can prove financial hardship.
4) TRUE OR FALSE: I can ask the dealer to show me what he paid for the car he is selling.
5) TRUE OR FALSE: If I buy a used car and the car has been in an accident, the dealer must tell me that prior to sale.
6) TRUE OR FALSE: The Lemon Law not only applies to major problems, such as the transmission and engine, but also to electrical problems, water leaks, rattles and paint.
7) TRUE OR FALSE: If a new car is in the shop for 30 days in the first year, regardless of whether it’s for the same or different problems, the driver can file a lemon law claim.
8 ) TRUE OR FALSE: If I have a manufacturers warranty and something goes wrong with my car, I have to take it to the dealer when I purchased the car, even if it is far from my home.
9) TRUE OR FALSE: Used cars are covered under the State Lemon Laws.
10) TRUE OR FALSE: A consumer under the age of 25 may be denied a loaner while their car is in service because of their age.
Click here to see how well you did!