Welcome to our Automotive and Consumer Help page, providing a variety of helpful legal resources, automotive sites, and consumer-oriented information.
The Internet is a wonderful place to find information, but it can be cumbersome to navigate. That's why we've listed some helpful sites in the categories below.
These links are provided as a public service for informational purposes only. Please note that a listing here does not imply an endorsement by Kimmel & Silverman, its attorneys, or its staff.
Car Buying and Online Automotive Information
Looking to buy a new or used car? The websites and pages featured below offer a wealth of information and tools that you can use to make an informed decision.
- Auto Appraisal Group - National, certified specialists for insurance matters and pre-purchase inspections for classics and collectibles, and diminished value services for late-model claims.
- Autocheck Vehicle History Reports - Provides you with a free lemon check using a VIN number. For a small fee, you can get a more detailed report which tells you whether your car has been auctioned, was a rental, has a lemon history, or suffered flood damage.
- AutoGuide - AutoGuide is a directory to the online automotive community. Search from thousands of links to websites on anything for cars, trucks and motorcycles.
- AutoLit.com - The Leader in Automobile Literature - AutoLit.com is the website home of Walter Miller's Automobile Literature, the leader in automobile literature.
- Best Bets Buying Guide - A list of the cars, trucks, SUVS, & minivans that receive high ratings from consumers and our firm.
- Car Complaint Index - A list of the cars that receive the most complaints from consumers, according to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration.
- CarFax Vehicle History Reports - Reveal the truth about used cars and provide important background information to unearth hidden problems in a vehicle's past that may affect its safety and resale value.
- The Center for Auto Safety - A resource that informs consumers about auto safety issues. The CAS website includes up-to-the minute consumer news on automotive issues.
- Consumer Guide Automotive - Experienced auto editors have evaluated thousands of vehicles over the years, allowing CG to build the most complete used-vehicle reviews available today. Prices, ratings and trade-in evaluation.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety - The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is an independent, nonprofit, scientific, and educational organization dedicated to reducing the losses - deaths, injuries and property damage - from crashes on the nation's highways.
- Lemon Dodger Worksheet - If you are buying a pre-owned car, take along our Lemon Dodger Worksheet to make sure your dream car was not someone else's nightmare.
- The Lemon Law Blog - A top web resource for Lemon Law news, manufacturer recalls and other consumer information, by Kimmel & Silverman.
- NADAguides.com Official Site - New Car Prices, Used Car Values, New Car Reviews & Car Buying Guides - NADAguides.com Official Site.
- National Motorists Association - The National Motorists Association is a membership organization devoted to representing and protecting the rights and interests of North American motorists
- Teendriving.com - A site full of tips to help new drivers.
- Warning on Spot Delivery Tactics - If a dealer sells or leases you car, and then calls you weeks later and says that you owe more money, you may be the victim of spot delivery.
Manufacturer Discussion Forums
The following websites were created by consumers and consumer advocates to discuss problems and resolutions with certain automobiles.
- Chevy Avalanche Fan Club Forums - The Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America is the largest single model GM truck club in North America.
- Chevy Impala SS Forum - A forum community dedicated to Chevy Impala SS owners and enthusiasts, since 2000.
- Chevy Talk - Message boards and forums for Chevy enthusiasts.
- Ford Forums - Enthusiast Forums for Ford Owners.
- F150 Online - Ford F150 news and forums.
- Ford Truck Enthusiasts - The Ford Truck Enthusiast website with active forums, Ford truck news, reviews, and ownership information.
- GMForum.com - A source of information, technical data, reviews and discussions for all things GM-General Motors.
- GM LS Performance Forum - General Motors LS and LT performance forums, news, and rumors.
- MB World.org - The site for the Mercedes-Benz Enthusiast.
- Serious Explorations - The Number One Ford Explorer enthusiast resource since 1996.
- The Diesel Stop - A forum community dedicated to all Ford Diesel owners and enthusiasts.
- ZCAR.COM - A forum and website dedicated to the 350Z.
Non-affiliated Attorneys and Legal Directories
- Civil Justice Network - A Maryland non-profit corporation formed for the purpose of increasing the delivery of legal services to clients of low and moderate income while promoting a statewide network of solo, small firm and community based lawyers who share a common commitment to increasing access to justice through traditional and non-traditional means.
- Law Firm Directory - Law Firm Directory and Attorney Search.
- LawGuru.com - Get free public or private legal advice in minutes from a network of over 8,800 specialized attorneys in all legal areas, from Family Law and Bankruptcy to Criminal and Traffic Law.
- National Association of Consumer Advocates - The National Association of Consumer Advocates is a nationwide organization of more than 1,500 attorneys who represent and have represented hundreds of thousands of consumers victimized by fraudulent, abusive and predatory business practices.
- New Jersey Lawyers - A resource and directory of New Jersey Lawyers, listing them by county and practice area.
Kimmel & Silverman Consumer Services
Kimmel & Silverman offers additional consumer services beyond our Lemon Law practice, listed below. Each service offering can also be reached by calling 1-800-668-3247 (1-800-NOT-FAIR).
- CreditLaw.com: a service of Kimmel & Silverman helping stop collection calls, computer dialed calls and "robo" calls violating the FDCPA and TCPA. When they called you, they never expected you to call us!
- Covid19RefundClaims.com: a new service of Kimmel & Silverman helping consumers claim refunds for cancelled events such as weddings, concerts, sports games, airfare and more due to the recent pandemic. The Law is on your side.
- UnFairlyFired.com: a service of Kimmel & Silverman offering help for Wrongful Termination claims. We can help recover damages from a wrongful termination such as a violation of the Family Medical Leave Act.
- WheresMyPay.com: a service of Kimmel & Silverman offering help recovering lost wages under federal laws such as the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- KimmelandSilvermanInjury.com: Kimmel & Silverman's Personal Injury division provides legal help for all types of personal injury matters: Auto Accidents, Slips and Falls, Workplace Injuries, Medical Malpractice, and Wrongful Death.
Get rid of your lemon! Call 1-800-LEMON-LAW (1-800-536-6652) for your FREE Lemon Law case review.