Pennsylvania Lemon Law
The Pennsylvania Lemon Law applies to new vehicles purchased or leased and registered in Pennsylvania, or registered for the first time in Pennsylvania, that have been back to the shop repeatedly for the same issue or for an extended period of time. Under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law and federal statutes, consumers could be entitled to a brand-new car, complete repurchase, or significant monetary compensation.
Pennsylvania Lemon Law Fast Facts:
- The state law covers cars and personal trucks with nonconformities that occur in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first) that cannot be fixed after a reasonable number of repair attempts (usually three or more). "Nonconformity" is defined as a "defect or issue that impairs the use, safety, or value of the vehicle.
- If your vehicle is in the shop for repair 30 days or more in the first 12 months or 12,000 miles (whichever comes first), the Pennsylvania Lemon Law may also apply. These days do not have to be consecutive, nor for the same problem.
- Legal representation should always be 100% cost-free, regardless of whether you win or lose. The Pennsylvania Lemon Law states that, if you prevail in your case, the manufacturer is responsible for covering all attorney fees on top of any fair compensation you receive. If you don't win, you still pay nothing.
- Remedies under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law include a complete repurchase of the vehicle, a brand-new car, or significant monetary compensation along with continued ownership of the vehicle.
In addition, there are Federal Warranty Statutes for Pennsylvania drivers who fall outside the Lemon Law but still undergo consistent repair attempts within the warranty period. This federal help is also available for PA motorcycle owners.
You may qualify for FREE legal help if:
- Your problem occurred under an original or extended manufacturer's warranty.
- Your vehicle has been in the shop 3+ times for the same issue or out of service for 30+ calendar days.
- Your vehicle has been purchased, registered, or leased in Pennsylvania.
If you answered yes to all of the above, you may qualify for compensation under the PA Lemon Law or Federal Warranty Law. Call 1-800-LEMON-LAW or click below for help.Get FREE Help Now!
Have a PA Lemon Law Question? Try Our Frequently Asked Questions Page
Check out our Pennsylvania Lemon Law FAQ to find answers to the most frequently asked questions.
Read More About the Expansion of the Pennsylvania Lemon Law: Kimmel and Silverman attorneys worked directly with the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office to expand the Law to include leased vehicles and tighter title provisions for used cars.
Outside PA Lemon Law? Drive a Motorcycle? You May Fall Under the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act
If you don't qualify under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law, don't lose hope! You could still receive monetary remedy under federal law via the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
- If your car or motorcycle has been in the shop three or more times for a single problem under an original or extended manufacturer's warranty, the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act may apply, including the same cost-free legal representation.
Why Call 1-800-LEMON-LAW?
Kimmel & Silverman has more experienced PA lemon law lawyers on staff than any other law firm. We've successfully represented more than 100,000 consumers since 1991 and are proud to be the oldest, largest, and most successful lemon law firm in the Keystone State.
Our attorneys have provided free legal help to drivers from every county throughout Pennsylvania, recovering more new cars and buybacks than any other lemon law firm in the state.
Kimmel & Silverman is also the ONLY lemon law firm to be named Pennsylvania Super Lawyers every year since its inception!
Founding partners Robert Silverman and Craig Thor Kimmel, along with Managing Attorney Jacqueline Herritt, have been repeatedly honored for their work, representing the top 5% of all attorneys in the state. In addition, many of our associates have been honored as Pennsylvania Rising Stars, and we've been named "The Best Lemon Law Firm" by Philadelphia Magazine.
Our efforts have also been featured in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Scranton Times, the Erie Times, the Allentown Morning Call, and many other newspapers and magazines. Our attorneys have appeared on newscasts, television programs, and radio talk shows throughout the state.
What Should You Do if You Have a Lemon Law Claim?
We've handled tens of thousands of Lemon Law claims over the years, and we understand that your situation can be stressful and frustrating. It is important for you to keep calm and maintain a record of all repair invoices, receipts, and interactions you've had with the manufacturer and authorized dealer.
Each time you take your lemon car or truck in for repair, be sure to ask for a copy of the repair invoice. Make sure each repair invoice accurately describes your problem with the vehicle, as well as any work completed to fix the defect.
Next, take a moment to confirm whether you are driving a lemon:
- Use the Lemon Checker. It only takes a few seconds.
- Send us an email with the facts of your claim for your FREE case evaluation.
- Call 1-800-LEMON-LAW (1-800-536-6652).
Our attorneys have handled cases in every court throughout the Pennsylvania and we travel to our clients for inspections as well. Our Eastern PA headquarters are located in Ambler and our Western PA headquarters are located in Pittsburgh. Almost all work is done over the phone and through email to ensure minimal disruptions for our clients.
Recent Success Stories:
Over the last 29 years, Kimmel & Silverman has resolved more than 50,000 claims for distressed drivers throughout Pennsylvania, successfully helping more PA drivers than any other lemon law firm in the country.
Here are some recent success stories:
- 2019 Toyota Tacoma vibrating at speeds under 30mph. FULL PA LEMON LAW REPURCHASE. Settled under 1 month.
- 2019 GMC Terrain with vibration and check engine light issues. FULL PA LEMON LAW REPURCHASE. Settled in 8 weeks.
- 2019 Chevrolet Equinox died on the road. Client received $7,500 settlement and kept their vehicle. Settled in under 2 months.
- 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee with fuel gauge malfunction. FULL PA LEMON LAW REPURCHASE. Settled in less than 40 days.
- 2018 Tesla Model 3 with horn and cosmetic issues. FULL PA LEMON LAW REPURCHASE. Settled in 35 days.
- 2018 Chevrolet Cruze with metal clicking and suspension problems. Client received $9,500 settlement and kept their vehicle. Settled in 2 months.
For more success stories click here.
Recent PA News Stories:
- Investigation Finds Hundreds of Complaints About Ford Transmissions
- 3 On Your Side: Corvette Problems Syncing Infotainment System
- A Guide to the Pennsylvania Lemon Law and the Federal Magnuson Moss Warranty Act
- Subaru Owners May Be 'Getting a Really Bad Deal' by Taking Class-Action Lawsuit Settlement
- Thousands File Complaints Over Jeep Cherokee Transmissions
- Government Urges Owners of Older Hondas to Get Air Bags Fixed