Lemon Laws & Consumer Statutes
Understanding the Lemon Law
State Lemon Law Statutes
Lemon Law Resources
- Lemon Law America – a national website that informs consumers on Lemon Laws for each state and provides consumer links to Lemon Law attorneys, many of whom offer free legal representation.
- International Association of Lemon Law Administrators – an organization dedicated to ensuring an honest, safe, informed marketplace, and promoting consumer and business responsibility in a competitive economy.
- The Lemon Checker – Use our Lemon Checker to see if you're driving a lemon. Answer a few quick questions and get results in seconds.
- The Car Complaint Index is updated every year by consumer advocate Jack Gillis from the Center for Auto Safety featuring the vehicles that receive the most complaints.
- Lemon Dodger Worksheet – Before buying a used car, use or print out this "Lemon Dodger" worksheet to help you avoid problems BEFORE they occur.
- Lemon Survival Kit – Following these five tips when dealing with dealership service managers may help you while your vehicle is in the shop for repair.
- Lemon Law Newsroom – Get the latest news on the Lemon Law and breach of warranty concerns.
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) – The FDCPA is a federal law that protects consumers from debt collector harassment. Provided by Kimmel & Silverman.
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act, passed in 1991, protects consumers from unwanted, unsolicited telemarketing and collection calls. Provided by Kimmel & Silverman.
- Motor Vehicle Cost Information Act – a Kimmel & Silverman site with information about Odometer Rollback (ODO Rollback), a common dealer fraud practice. Provided by Kimmel & Silverman.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) – The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave.
Click here to e-mail us a Lemon Law question – If you have a Lemon Law or breach of warranty question, please don't hesitate to e-mail us. Be sure to include your daytime phone number, including area code.
Get rid of your lemon! Call 1-800-LEMON-LAW (1-800-536-6652) for your FREE Lemon Law case review.